Become a Melbourne Australia Content Contributor
Thanks for your interest in being a content contributor for MelbourneAustralia.guide
MelbourneAustralia.guide is a fun and functional online gateway connecting locals and visitors to everyone and everything in Melbourne & Victoria, the world’s most-liveable city and one of the most highly visited regions in Australia.
Our mission is to inspire, inform and motivate locals and visitors to enjoy, explore and experience what’s on offer, helping the hospitality, tourism, entertainment and retail businesses at the heart of our local and regional communities in a fun, informative and engaging way.
How can you help?
We are on the lookout for articles, announcements, reviews, press releases, photos and videos about the fun and interesting things to do and happening in Melbourne & Victoria from local photographers, amateur bloggers, professional foodies to loyal locals. YOU!
Help us build the largest curation of photos, videos, stories, people, places, fashion, food, wine, sports, hidden, naughty, undiscovered and fun things to do in Melbourne & Victoria that fellow locals and visitors can enjoy, find useful and want to share on.
Get Involved, Share the Fun and Show your Passion. If you love entertaining readers and write about food, drink, activities, Melbourne or out taking pics of sunsets in St Kilda, or Roos in the Grampians, MelbourneAustralia.guide is for you.
What content & topics are we looking for?
The site is new, ground level and our focus is leisure, lifestyle & entertainment in Melbourne & Victoria. We are looking for Articles, Local Tips, Announcements, News, Reviews, Press Releases, Photos and Videos for;
Accommodation, Arts Galleries, Attractions, Amusements, Bars, Beers, Beaches, BBQ Spots, Boats, Business, Camping, Caravanning, Cafes, Chefs, Clubs, Cocktails, Entertainment, Events, Fashion, Food, Footy, Gardens, Getaways, Glamping, Golf, Hotels, Holiday Parks, Markets, Museums, Parks, People, Points of Interest, Pubs, Real Estate, Regions, Rentals, Restaurants, Road Trips, Sightseeing, Sports, Suburbs, Tours, Travel, Walks, Wineries ..You name it, we cover it and If we missed something, contact us to get it added to the site!
What’s in it for me.
- Firstly, it’s an opportunity to get published and show endorsement for your work! Increases your exposure and your profile. Enjoy full credit for your contribution and it also looks great on your credentials.
- Even if you’ve never written a review or article before, learn to write with us. Start with no experience and grow into it with a little help from us if you need.
- Content contributions may be shared via MelbourneAustralia.guide, social media, newsletters and partner websites.
Regular contributors can enjoy random fun and perks to activities, exclusive competitions and prizes only available to our volunteer contributors. From film screenings, vouchers, discounts, launches, openings, restaurant dinners to Go-Pro’s. The more reviews, articles, photos, videos you submit, the better the quality, length and popularity, the more rewards you get!
Are there any catches?
- Article content must be original and preferably not published elsewhere.
- Guest submissions deemed advertorial, promotional, link building, spamy, fake or contain offensive, political and derogatory language will be rejected.
- Guest content submitted to us must be your own original work, plagiarism will be rejected.
- MelbourneAustralia.guide reserves the right to edit guest articles and blog posts at our discretion.
- By submitting guest content, you acknowledge this and agree to our terms and conditions.
Articles, Press Releases, Announcements
500 - 2500 words interesting 'original' content along with the right imagery, links or video, gives readers the complete picture and leaves little unanswered. It's all on the menu, the brief is open. Please include with your submission;
- At least 1 accompanying image (Max 12) of 1024x768px each (less than 1.5mb per image, JPG or PNG format). Please clarify if you own the copyright to the image or include the necessary credentials to validate your copyright use of the image in the content. Images can be sent via dropbox link or google drive link if too large for email.
- Contributor Profile 150-300 word profile about yourself, include certifications and credentials. Profile image of at least 200x200 px. Link to your blog, website & /or facebook, Instagram, linkedIn, email address.
- Submit your content via email to email@example.com in word format.
Image submissions must be at least 1024x768 px. Include a short 150 -3000 word summary to describe the images for us to include on the photo credits. Please clarify if you own the copyright to the image or include the necessary credentials to validate your copyright use of the image in the content.. Images can be sent via dropbox link or google drive link if too large for email.
Image submission are via YouTube Embed. Please include the full youtube link to your video and a short 150 -300 word summary to describe the video for us to include on the page credits.
Reviews can be written up directly on listing pages of the business (bar, cafe, restaurant, hotel, attraction) you are reviewing. Businesses have the opportunity to reply to your review. Reviews deemed spamy, fake or contain offensive, political and derogatory language will be rejected.
Ready to Start? Send all submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org - If we publish your content, it will be linked to your profile on the site and in turn your profile will be linked to your blog or website and social media channels. We 'try' to respond to all submissions accepted or not, usually within a few days to a 1 week. If approved, we will be in touch via email to let you know your content will be published. If we don’t accept the content you submit, don't be discouraged, we'll look forward to the next one.